We firmly believe that not any diet works for just any body. Caloric Restriction works for us, and if you are trying to decide if it works for you, I’d suggest you experiment – assuming that you are in good health and have your doctor’s permission. Always get your doctor’s permission to try anything health-related!
Here are some resources on Caloric Restriction. BTW, intermittent fasting works in a similar way.
Caloric Restriction Resources
- Caloric Restriction – Wikipedia
- The CR Society International – dedicated to understanding and promoting the Calorie Restriction (CR) diet.
- Calorie Restriction (CR) – What is it and what does the research tell us?
- Caloric Restriction Papers (from Science Direct)
Caloric Restriction Diet Books
- The Longevity Diet: The Only Proven Way to Slow the Aging Process and Maintain Peak Vitality Through Caloric Restriction
- The Fast800 Diet: Discover the Ideal Fasting Formula to Shed Pounds, Fight Disease, and Boost Your Overall Health
- The Fast 800 Easy Recipe Book: 150 Deliciously Simple Recipes for More Plant-Based Eating
- Low-Calorie Weight Loss Cookbook: The 28-Day Plan to Take Control of Your Health and Weight
Caloric Restriction & Longevity
- Caloric restriction and human longevity: what can we learn from the Okinawans?
- Caloric restriction, longevity and aging: Recent contributions from human and non-human primate studies
- Can Calorie Restriction Extend Your Lifespan?
- Does Caloric Restriction Increase Longevity in Humans?
More Resources? Let us know in the comments below